5 Reasons Why You Don’t Need A Pedestal Any Longer
Pedestals are commonly used by employers and employees to allow them to store their own personal and business documetns as well as stationery and other belongings. They can also integrated into desks, taking the place of a desk leg.
BUT…we’re in the modern world of 2017, where pedestals are becoming increasingly rare. People don’t need to store as many personal belongings close to their work zone. With the digital age as it is there is less need to store documents. The work space, whether we like it or not is using less paper.
So here’s our 5 reasons why you don’t need a pedestal any more:
- Pedestals have a tendency to help restrict staff members to the same space in the office each day – detracting from agile working.
- Pedestals are a reasonable proportion of an office refurbishment project, both in terms of space and budget. Cutting them out will allow you to save space, work more productively and decrease clutter.
- With the current digital age, there is less need to store paper documents. Is everything in your pedestal really necessary for you day-to-day operations?
- Current office trends mean that pedestals are fast going out of fashion. They are starting to look out of place with more modern ‘agile’ furniture.
- Alternatives to pedestals are lighter and more portable. You can carry them around the office and make your work zone anywhere you choose (colleagues permitting).
So where to from here? There are alternative personal storage solutions on the market. Our favourite is the ‘HotBox’. A neat storage unit that can sit safely in your locker or under your desk. There is ample space for the documents you really need, as well as stationery and your devices.
Create a more up-to-date and inspirational office environment for your people.