Westminster Academy's Brief
Envoplan were tasked with providing a full two year refurbishment and intelligent design programme across Westminster Academy’s entire campus.
Consistently ranked among the top schools in the country on a number of levels, this Ofsted Outstanding academy caters for over 1000 students aged 11-18. It was therefore important that the finished design truly reflected the school’s academic strengths, alongside its forward looking approach to providing inspirational learning environments for staff and students.
The project was wide ranging and included virtually every room in the school including:
- Science Labs: Unique, flexible and reconfigurable labs with circular pods and mobile tables, enabling infinite reconfigurations and teaching styles.
- Media Suite: Bespoke furniture and green screen area for video recording in this sizeable area
- Drama and Dance studios: Professional design and fit-out with stage lighting, acoustics, audio-visual and multimedia all incorporated
- Music Suite: State of the art space with Envoplan’s ‘OneTouch’ software system for ultimate teacher and student interaction and control; together with an up-to-the-minute recording and practice studio
- Art Studio: Fully refurbished studio with kiln, pottery wheels and specialist storage racks
- Food Tech Rooms: Full catering grade teaching kitchen, stainless steel surfaces and commercial equipment fit for the school’s young chefs of the future
- Washrooms: Refurbished throughout, designed for maximum safeguarding and cleanliness
- Teaching Wall: Featured in all main teaching spaces. In addition, the school now has high quality reconfigurable tables and chairs in every classroom
All these improvements have led to a hugely positive impact on teacher and student engagement with co-ordinated designs and future proofed learning spaces.